Sunday, January 23, 2011

Me

Hi, My name is Brianna Harvey and I am taking Math for Elementary Teachers at Waubonsee Community College.  I am taking this course because it is a required course to both transfer and to get my associates degree in Special Education.  I love working with children and can not wait to start teaching.

To be completely honest I was really worried about taking this course because I am not the best at math.  As it turns out I am enjoying class so far, it is very hands on, which is different from any math class I have ever taken. When learning new concepts each step is broken down in the problem, and you are told why you are doing it- which helps me better understand a problem and better explain to others what should be done.

One of the assignments for this course is to make a blog, and another is a Inquiry Based Learning Project.

(I have never done a blog before this is my first one, so this is going to be an adventure on its own.)

3 comments:

  1. It really is good to know that other people feel the same way about different subjects, espeacilly Math! Math is really a tough subject and it takes dedication and being open minded to really "GET IT". So far, so good though-I am a hands-on learning and it really feels great to be able to use objects and various examples to help understand the subject. Good luck, from observing you in other classes, I know you'll do great!
    shayna w-

    ReplyDelete
  2. I feel the same about math as you do.It has been along time since i`ve had math class. The class is very interesting on the many ways you can teach how to do problems. I hope the test is not hard tuesday. Have a good day.

    ReplyDelete
  3. All the hands learning has to be helpful as you look at teaching Special Education! Congrats on being accepted at Aurora University!

    ReplyDelete